Delighting in the everyday.
Seeing beauty amongst the ordinary.
Capturing the echos of Eden.
Glimpsing into what waits in Heaven.
Slowing to appreciate fully.
It’s not simply capturing and enjoying the moments. It’s expressing gratitude to God for them.
Thanking God for the little things.
Thanking God in the midst of bad things.
We excel in areas we practice. This is my year to practice gratitude. Some days I fail. I keep a journal. A gratitude journal. A list of the things for which I give thanks. (The idea is not my own – I’m terribly uncreative. It is credited to Ann Voskamp)
A few highlights:
177. lunch dates with littlest sister
180. pregnant women, such a visible reminder of waiting expectantly
181. living intentionally with the people around me
185. suffering – Philippians 1:29
187. getting a real letter
200. waking up before the alarm
201. children blissfully unaware
221. happy airport reunions
222. going somewhere new sans GPS
224. an afternoon on a boat
228. flowers as delicate as fairies
229. fresh haircuts
237. dragonflies flitting about
246. laughing so hard it hurts
247. a field of fireflies